Here’s a tip for you all: don’t start a blog right before the start of your finals, especially when said finals last from early May and up to the very end of June. I hate life so much right now, I really just need to write something so I stop feeling like a disappointment. I’ve also opened a bookish instagram, but it’s not like I have time to post there (and not like I read anything).
Anyways! Favorite character names! I should probably start this by saying that if I could, this list would consist entirely of the names of Terry Pratchett’s characters, and technically I can, but like yay, diversity.
- Adrian Ivashkov. And I suppose Dorian Gray, since they sorta go together in my head, and let’s pray I never have twin boys, because they will hate my guts for naming one of them after an alcoholic (true story: Adrian is my biggest book-crush, like, ever, at least in the VA series, because in Bloodlines he totally sucks), and the other after, well, Dorian effin’ Gray.
- Shadow Moon. I know it’s not his real name, but it’s the one he uses and it’s really cool.
- Aelin Ashryver Galathynius aka Celaena Sardothien. Don’t ask me to pronounce it if you don’t want me to kick you in the teeth, but, like. So cool. Aelin is a gorgeous name. Celaena would also be pretty cool if it weren’t, y’know, just Selena on drugs.
- Tiffany Aching. First of all, all the Aching puns. Second of all, she is the reason I want to name my future daughter Tiffany, and I live in a Russian-speaking country so it’s probably not the wisest of choices. Whatever. A great character with a great (and simple, which makes it even better) name, I don’t know what else you might need.
- Moist Von Lipwig. I don’t understand the problem that the English-speaking world has with the world ‘moist’, especially when they have no problem using ‘loofah’, which, in my opinion, is a bajillion times worse. Also, Moist is a great character, so. Bonus: his girlfriend Adora Belle Dearheart, who is absolutely badass.